a sexuality?? in THIS economy???
take me down to smith college where the grass is green and the femmes are pretty
- Early Feminists: Oh hey, we see that you can vote. We would like to vote also. I mean, since most of those laws effect us too and all.
- Men: YOU JUST WANT SUPERIORITY OVER MEN!
- Mid-century Feminists: Hey, that whole thing about how you can have careers and earn a living wage outside the home? Yes that sounds nice, we'd like the option to do that as well.
- Men: YOU WANT A MATRIARCHY, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT!
- Late 20th century Feminists: Hey we would like to make our own choices about our reproductive health, just like you've always had.
- Men: YOU ARE TRYING TO TAKE MEN'S RIGHTS AWAY!
- Modern-day feminists: Hey, if you could you stop sexually assaulting/harassing us and them blaming us for it, that'd be pretty great.
- Men: THIS IS MISANDRY, MISANDRY I SAY! FEMINISTS HAVE GONE TOO FAR!
- Feminists: Um...
- Men: THE END OF MEN IS NIGH! MALE OPPRESSION IS REAL! THE MATRIARCHAL AGE IS UPON US!
"A racist society will give you a racist science."
R. M. Young (1987). Racist society, racist science. In D. Gill & L. Levidow (Eds.) Anti-racist science teaching(pp. 16-42). London: Free Association Books. (via homoarigato)
remember when i posted about how science can be oppressive and i got hate mail and hundreds of notes of people calling me stupid
yeah that was fun
Remember that time when they made up a disease for black ppl when we didnt wanna be stuck as slaves?
Remember when they operated on black women with no anesthesia to get modern gynecological surgical procedures?
Remember when they sterilized poor woc without consent to keep us from ‘creating more undesirables’?
Remember when the government allowed Black men to go untreated with Syphilis even after a cure was discovered?
Remember when minority heavy areas in cities were sprayed with radioactive material to ‘test’ how America could handle a nuclear fallout?
Oh, you dont? Because I do…
Go look it up. Every single one was done by a white supremacist nation called America.
Don’t forget that in 1975 about 35% of Puerto Rican Women were sterilized without their consent by the US government